Each summer, the Missouri Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council offer two internships to college students interested in working with our organization and learning more about the various aspects of the corn industry in Missouri. The Public Policy Intern works closely with our policy team to research policy topics concerning farmers and communicates with elected officials. The Grower Services Intern works closely with our membership team to coordinate and host various events and activities throughout the summer to engage members across the state.
- Preference given to recent graduates, senior, junior, or sophomore level students by Summer 2024 semester. (Note: currently could be a freshman but will be entering their sophomore year by Summer or Fall semester).
- Majoring in an agriculture related field.
- Previous work experience in the agriculture sector preferred but not required.
- Dependable transportation & valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time and/or on weekends if necessary.
- Must be able to attend and work set days of the Missouri State Fair.
- Required computer skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Both internships are in-person with interns needing to be able to work out of the Jefferson City, Mo office.
- If interested in the Public Policy Internship, please email a current copy of resume to email@example.com by October 6, 2023.
- If interested in the Growers Service Internship, please email a current copy of resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 6, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified by October 10, 2023 to schedule interviews.