Missouri Corn Awards Scholarships To Youth In Agriculture
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)—The Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council are proud to announce the recipients of the 2021 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to contribute to their college education.
Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Candidates were scored by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee and evaluated on essays, applications, letters of reference, current grades, and activities.
Congratulations to the following 2021 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Alexis Plackemeier, Silex – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Caitlyn Kleffner, Rolla – attending the University of Missouri
- Justin Eddy, Rocheport – attending the University of Missouri
- Emily Hoyt, Martinsburg – attending the University of Missouri
- John Haines, Mexico – attending State Technical College of Missouri
- Brett Montgomery, Brookfield – attending the University of Missouri
- Sydney Stundebeck, Salisbury – attending the University of Missouri
“Once again, it was another great group of applicants,” said Missouri Corn Scholarship Chair Matt Lambert of Laclede. “It always amazes me the work ethic and career goals these young students set for themselves. They’re putting themselves in a great position to accomplish those goals, and Missouri Corn is proud to support their efforts and better the future of Missouri agriculture.”
In addition to Lambert, the committee is comprised of Missouri Corn board members Dylan Rosier of Mound City, Brent Hoerr of Palmyra, Brian Lehman of Versailles, and Clint Stephens of Advance. This is the twenty-fifth year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded to students studying agriculture. Applications for the 2022 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online on or before Dec. 15, 2021.
Downloadable media assets for this article:
Right-click the link and choose "Save as." Captions for the photos are provided.