Missouri Corn Awards Scholarships To Youth In Agriculture
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)—The Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council are proud to announce the recipients of the 2016 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to contribute to their college education.
Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations to the following 2016 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Kara Berrey, Carrollton – attending Missouri State University
- D. Cole Diggins, Moundville – attending the University of Missouri
- Nora Faris, Concordia – attending the University of Missouri
- Katelyn Galloway, Brookfield – attending North Central Missouri College
- Derrek Hardy, Browning – attending the University of Missouri
- Logan Korff, Norborne – attending the University of Missouri
- Charles Raasch, Liberty – attending the University of Missouri
“This program is a great opportunity to help prepare the next generation of agriculture leaders,” noted Missouri Corn Scholarship Chairman Mike Moreland of Harrisonville. “Reviewing the applications, it was clear these students have a passion for the industry and Missouri Corn is proud to support them as they further their education.”
Applications were scored by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee and applicants were evaluated on essays, applications, letters of reference and current grades and activities. In addition to Moreland, the committee is comprised of Missouri Corn board members Brent Hoerr of Palmyra, Clint Stephens of Advance, Kurtis Gregory of Marshall and Matt Lambert of Brookfield. Recipients were notified by mail earlier this month. This is the twentieth year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded to students studying agriculture.
Applications for the 2017 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online after Dec. 15, 2016. To learn more about the corn industry, visit www.mocorn.org or call the Missouri Corn offices at (800) 827-4181.
Downloadable media assets for this article:
Right-click the link and choose "Save as." Captions for the photos are provided.