Missouri Corn Awards Scholarships To Youth In Agriculture
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)–The Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council are proud to announce the recipients of the 2015 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to contribute to their college education.
Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations to the following 2015 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
• Dane Brammer, Gallatin – attending the University of Missouri
• Anthony Weydert, Glasgow – attending Northwest Missouri State University
• Jacob Beauchamp, Macon – attending Northwest Missouri State University
• Brant Francis, Paris – attending the University of Missouri
• Levi Banner, Wellington – attending the University of Missouri
• Clinton Smith, Warrensburg – attending the University of Central Missouri
• Zachary Aldrich, Neosho – attending Missouri State University
“This is a program I really enjoy. It’s always great to see students with a passion for agriculture,” noted Missouri Corn Scholarship Chairman Mike Moreland of Harrisonville. “Missouri Corn is proud to support these individuals as they pursue their education and prepare for a bright future in our industry.”
Applications were scored by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee and applicants were evaluated on essays, applications, letters of reference and current grades and activities. In addition to Moreland, the committee is comprised of Missouri Corn board members Scott Hays of Monroe City, Kurtis Gregory of Marshall and Matt Lambert of Brookfield. Recipients were notified by mail earlier this month. This is the nineteenth year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded to students studying agriculture.
Applications for the 2016 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online after Dec. 15, 2015. To learn more about the corn industry, visit www.mocorn.org or call the Missouri Corn offices at (800) 827-4181.
Downloadable media assets for this article:
Right-click the link and choose "Save as." Captions for the photos are provided.