Missouri Corn Awards Scholarships
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)–The Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee is proud to announce the recipients of the 2013 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $750 scholarship sponsored by the Missouri Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and the Missouri Corn Merchandising Council (MCMC) to contribute to their college education.
“We had a great group of applicants this year,” said Missouri Corn Scholarship Chairman Mark Scott of Wentzville, Mo. “Missouri Corn is proud to offer these scholarships and looks forward to continuing our support of youth in agriculture. With so many advancements in the industry, Missouri Corn believes it is vital to invest in our youth to help them achieve their goals and prepare for their future careers.”
Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations go out to the following 2013 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
• Mitchell Benoit, Centralia – attending the University of Missouri
• Kaitlin Flick, Pleasant Hill – attending the University of Missouri
• Brandon Niendick, Wellington – attending Northwest Missouri State University
• Thomas Hylton, Reeds – attending the University of Missouri
• Miriam Martin, Bucklin – attending the University of Missouri
• Grant Voelker, Perryville – attending the University of Missouri
• Mason Kiehl, Meadville – attending the University of Missouri
• Zachary Aldrich, Neosho – attending Crowder College
• Chase Thummel, Sheridan – Northwest Missouri State University
• Samuel McDonald, Silex – the University of Missouri
Applications were scored by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee. In addition to Scott, the committee is comprised of Missouri Corn board members Mike Moreland of Harrisonville, Jay Fischer of Jefferson City and Scott Hays of Monroe City. Recipients were notified by mail earlier this month. This is the seventeenth year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded to students studying agriculture.
Applications for the 2014 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online after Dec. 15, 2013. To learn more about the corn industry, visit www.mocorn.org or call the Missouri Corn offices at (800) 827-4181.
Downloadable media assets for this article:
Right-click the link and choose "Save as." Captions for the photos are provided.