Missouri Corn Awards Scholarships To Youth In Agriculture
(JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.)–The Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee is proud to announce the recipients of the 2012 Missouri Corn Scholarships. Each student will be awarded a $750 scholarship sponsored by the Missouri Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and the Missouri Corn Merchandising Council (MCMC) to contribute to their college education.
“As corn farmers, we want to support youth pursuing degrees and careers in agriculture,” said MCMC Chairman Rob Korff of Norborne, Mo. “These outstanding students are the future of our industry. The education they receive today will only help strengthen and advance agriculture.”
This is the sixteenth year Missouri Corn Scholarships have been awarded. Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations go out to the following 2012 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Brianne McGuire, Hardin – attending the University of Missouri
- Kyle Schieber, Conception Junction – attending the University of Missouri
- Jeffrey Knipmeyer, Alma – attending the University of Missouri
- Andrew Perry, Columbia – attending the University of Missouri
High School Seniors
- Savannah Angell, Centralia – attending the University of Missouri
- Reed Kirby, Liberal – attending Missouri State University
- Mason Ward, Gilman City – attending North Central Missouri College
- Jessie Fowler, Vandalia – attending the University of Missouri
- Mark Famuliner, Carrollton – attending the University of Missouri
- Courtney Spencer, Aurora – attending the University of Missouri
Applications were reviewed by the Missouri Corn Scholarship Committee comprised of Missouri Corn board members: Kyle Kirby, Liberal; Mike Moreland, Harrisonville; Jay Fischer, Jefferson City; Mark Scott, Wentzville; and John Moreton, Charleston. Recipients were notified by mail earlier this month.
Applications for the 2013 Missouri Corn Scholarship Program will be available online after Dec. 15, 2012. To learn more about the corn industry, visit www.mocorn.org or call the Missouri Corn offices at (800) 827-4181.
Downloadable media assets for this article:
Right-click the link and choose "Save as." Captions for the photos are provided.