Missouri Corn Scholarships
This year, the Missouri Corn Growers Association and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council will award $1000 scholarships to a total of seven deserving college juniors and high school seniors for the 2015-2016 school year. Applicants must submit an application form, official high school or college transcript and at least one letter of recommendation to the Missouri Corn office by February 6, 2015. Good luck!
A helpful hint: save the files on your local computer before you begin work to avoid losing your changes. (One way to do so: right-click on the form you wish to download, then use the “Save Target As” option to save on your local hard drive.)
PDF Applications require Adobe Acrobat to download.
If you are having problems with the downloadable forms, please send an email for scholarship assistance to email@example.com before February 6, 2015 or call the Missouri Corn office at (573) 893-4181 to request copies of the applications.
High school applicants must be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area. They must also plan to attend a two-year or four-year Missouri college or university and major in agronomy or related field. The scholarship funds will apply toward the freshman year of college expenses for high school senior winners.
College applicants must also be Missouri residents from a Missouri farm or rural area, and currently be a junior, having completed at least 60, but fewer than 90 semester credit hours, enrolled in a Missouri four-year college or university majoring in the field of agronomy or related field during the time of application. The scholarship funds will apply toward the senior year of expenses for college junior winners.
Upon selection, all recipients must assist in staffing one of the following Missouri Corn events to complete the scholarship requirements: golf tournaments, clay shoots, fairs, conferences or other events designated by Missouri Corn.
Missouri Corn Scholarship Program — 2014 Winners
Missouri Corn awarded a total of $7,500 to deserving and outstanding students this year. Missouri high school seniors and college students entering their senior year pursuing a degree in agronomy or related field were eligible. Congratulations go out to the following 2014 Missouri Corn Scholarship recipients:
- Jonah Barry, Clarence – attending the University of Missouri
- Kayla Elson, Miami – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Morgan Riley, Bernie – attending Southeast Missouri State University
- Lindsey Gastler, Martinsburg – attending the University of Missouri
- Ethan Fordyce, Bethany – attending the University of Missouri
- Brandon Bothwell, Mooresville – attending the University of Missouri
- Stephen Schulte, Ravenwood – attending Northwest Missouri State University
- Kaleb Harris, Laddonia – attending the University of Missouri
- Brittney McBride, Centralia – attending Missouri State University
- Drake Minear, Livonia – attending the University of Missouri